Breakfast Smoothie Template
Here is my template for making a breakfast smoothie. I like to change up some of the parts but there are some things I always include 🙂
- 1 banana (because I love bananas)
- 1/4 cup flax seed (because of the very high Omega 3 content. Everyone should take 2 tbs per day. This is a smoothie for 2 so 1/4 cup)
- A heaping tsp of amla powder (For its extraordinarily high antioxidant content)
- Several handfuls of Greens (Kale, spinach, spring mix, romaine, etc.)
- Frozen Berries
- For liquid I use almond milk or water
Other things you could include:
- Fresh ginger
- Cocoa powder
Use your imagination and have fun!
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables and Beans Template
Beans and vegetables are prepared separately and combined after cooking.
For the Beans:
In a slow cooker, combine 2 lbs of rinsed dried beans, with 2 quartered onions and 3 heads of garlic. Add spices and chills as desired. I usually use garlic powder, paprika, fenugreek seeds, pepper, and dried chilies. You could also experiment with: Italian seasoning, savory, turmeric, cumin, bay leaves, celery seeds, coriander seeds, curry powder, cayenne powder, chili powder, ground cardamom, etc. Cook this in the slow cooker on high for 5 hours.
For the Vegetables:
Fill a large (turkey size) roaster with sliced seasonal vegetables. I always include
- A Cruciferous (Purple Cabbage, Green Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, etc.),
- Some root vegetables (like Rutabaga, turnip, carrots, beets, radishes, sweet potatoes, etc.),
- Mushrooms, and,
- Perhaps a zucchini, celery, corn, peas, etc.
Add about 1/8 cup of water and/or apple cider vinegar and whatever fresh herbs you desire and roast for 1.5 hrs at 400 degrees.
Each day reheat in frying pan and spice as desired. Serve on a bed of greens. Or with greens in homemade corn tortillas 🙂