Path Menders Welcome,
Today I’m speaking with Plant-Based Certified Health Coach, Sharon McRae. Sharon provides coaching services to clients in-person or online through her website “Eat Well Stay Well.” She also teaches nutrition and cooking classes as a Food for Life Instructor for the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine. Sharon also runs a local meet-up group (in Maryland USA) which can be found on Facebook called the Columbia MD Forks Over Knives Meetup Group.
Today we discuss (show notes):
- How she got into the profession of coaching for health (0:43)
- What to expect when starting a coaching relationship (5:45)
- Nuns and the thieves example (9:15)
- How foods can increase your chances of occurrence / recurrence of diseases (10:52)
- Controlling what you can control and the benefits (13:02)
- It’s not reductionism and changing preferences (16:24)
- Disassociation with our food (19:15)
- Her dad’s success story (22:37)
- Sharon’s transition (29:51)
- Common theme – from short trial to lifetime change (34:02)
- Meet-ups (38:10)
- How & how often she connects to coaching clients (41:04)
- Making an informed decision (43:40)
Here’s this week’s episode:
Thanks for listening!
Don’t miss an episode! Click here to join the Mended Paths Community and receive notification when a new episode is released. Plus, get your copy of the free Mended Paths: Back to better “Healthy Living Quick Reference Guide” when you sign-up!
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast