Hi Path Menders,
This week I have special guest Dr. Arjun Rayapudi joining me on the show. Dr. Rayapudi is a general surgeon, speaker and an author of the upcoming book, “What the hell am I supposed to eat?” He is a Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He received general surgery training at the University of Florida Jacksonville and the University of Illinois. He also holds a Plant Based Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University and Dr. McDougall’s Starch Solution Certificate. He works at Burin Hospital and lives in serene Burin Peninsula Newfoundland (my home province) with his beautiful wife, charming son and energetic doggy daughter, a golden retriever. When he gets a break from helping patients in the sterile operating room, he is busy in his backyard growing vegetables – Last year he grew over 200 pounds of potatoes!
Dr. Rayapudi shares his insights on how to lose weight, prevent and reverse disease all while eating the food that you love! Specifically, in this episode we discuss:
- What drew Dr. Rayapudi to study the nutritional sciences (0:26)
- The capacity of general physicians to provide nutrition guidance to their patients (6:09)
- His father’s story of reversing his heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, all with the power of a plant based diet (7:56)
- Changes he’s witnessed in his patients (15:33)
- The scientific evidence supporting plant based diets and lifestyle (20:12)
- Why a plant based lifestyle is so effective for weight loss (26:20)
- Dr. Rayapudi own weight loss success story (30:13)
- Advice for people with loved ones who are resistant to change (36:56)
- Why you should say no to oil (41:50)
- Suggested resources to learn more (45:47)
You really don’t want to miss this amazing interview!
Below is a before and after picture for Dr. Rayapudi’s transition which show his amazing results!
And here is a before and after for his Dad as well 🙂
The Doctor and his wife, Dr. Shobha Rayapudi, also run the invaluable website Gift of Health @ giftofhealth.org. Here you’ll find their blog, recipes, and resources as well as info on upcoming events they offer in their community! Please support them and check it out 🙂
You can play this week’s episode below.
Finally, here is a Youtube video where Dr. Rayapudi talks about “Foods that love you back!”
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please sharing on your favorite social media and rate on the listings linked above.
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast