Hi Path Menders,
This week on the Mended Paths Podcast I am happy to bring you my awesome conversation with Ms. Karla Freeze. Karla transitioned from the SAD, “Standard American Diet,” to veganism and finally to a whole food plant based diet. In doing so, she has lost an astounding 235 pounds and honestly looks like a different person. More importantly however, she got Back To Better and no longer has diabetes, high cholesterol, psoriasis, anxiety, or sleep apneia.
In today’s show we discuss (show notes):
- What lead Karla to her plant based journey (1:10),
- On her research (3:05),
- FOK was “so compelling” (4:19),
- Her switch (6:10),
- On her vegan weight gain (8:22),
- Her previous “SAD” diets (9:19),
- Her results on a Whole Food Plant Based (WFPB) diet (9:58),
- Some specifics on her WFPB diet (11:36),
- Three years of improving results (12:59),
- The positive power of Yoga for her (14:17),
- Spreading the message with PurelyPlants.co (18:01),
- Impact on her family (21:58),
- Challenges and successes of people she’s helped (24:43),
- Cutting ties with the dietitian (and diabetes clinic) peddling bad advice (28:37)
- Self-care workshops (31:15), and,
- Her advice for Path Menders (33:53).
Here is this week’s episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman (Website),
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine – Neal Barnard, MD (Website),
- Dr. McDougall’s Health & Medical Center (Website),
- The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health – T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell, MD – (Book)
- Nutritionfacts.org – Michael Greger, MD (Website),
- Forks Over Knives (Documentary), and,
- Protective Diet (Website).
Don’t miss an episode! Click here to join the Mended Paths Community and receive notification when a new episode is released. Plus, get your copy of the free Mended Paths: Back to Better “Healthy Living Quick Reference Guide” when you sign-up! You can also click here to go to the Friends of the Mended Paths Podcast Facebook group or here to go to the Mended Paths Facebook page.
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share on your favorite social media and rate on the listings linked above.
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast