Hi Path Menders,
This week on the Mended Paths Podcast, I am speaking with Starch Solutioner and Path Mender Nick Wo. Nick is relatively new to mending his path, yet in just 8 months he has lost about 125 Lbs.; but more importantly, he lost high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes. But that’s not all!
Join us today as Nick shares his story of how he got from growing up in a family of meat sellers to now following a whole food plant based lifestyle. With a nudge from a friend, Nick stared a journey to healthfulness, a journey Back to Better!
In today’s show we discuss (show notes):
- Nick’s upbringing / previous dieting attempts (1:00),
- “Pretending to be vegan” in high school (6:20),
- More vegan connections / An intro to the Starch Solution by association (7:25),
- A Monday through Friday pre-cruise trial (10:13),
- The Starch Solution full time (12:45),
- The #1 change was not the weight (17:27),
- Passion is contagious (21:08),
- 30 Day SOS free challenge (24:01),
- On exercise (27:12),
- Nick’s growing online community (30:35),
- Nick’s advice for Path Menders (35:37), and,
- Other resources Nick likes (37:43).
Here is this week’s episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Resources referenced in this episode:
- The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good! (John McDougall, MD),
- Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health & Happiness (Doug Lisle and Alan Goldhammer), and,
- The Health-Promoting Cookbook: Simple, Guilt-Free, Vegetarian Recipes (Alan Goldhamer, D.C.).
The Mended Paths Podcast is also available on iTunes, stitcher.com, and Soundcloud or anywhere you get your podcasts. We can now also be found in video format (albeit audio only) on YouTube and Facebook Video.
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share on your favorite social media and rate on the listings linked above.
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast