Hi Path Menders,
This week I am joined by Debra Van Duyne of Miss Daisy’s Plant Based Life. Debbie started her plant based journey as a means to overcoming some health issues she was facing. Today she shares her story of her journey so far, the highs and the lows she has faced, including her diagnosis with uterine cancer. To date, she has lost 80 Lbs, is now cancer free and is optimistic and eager to continue her plant based journey Back to Better.
In today’s show we discuss (show notes):
- Some history and the beginning of her plant based journey (0:56),
- A person has to come to transition on their own (5:43),
- Worsening health conditions motivated her to stricter adherence to plant based (7:32),
- Research she conducted (9:46),
- On her Cancer diagnosis (13:03),
- On Smoothies (16:43),
- On oil (18:15),
- On her husband changing (19:54),
- Strategies she uses to keep herself on track (21:42),
- On her sister’s journeys (23:03),
- What she did after her recurrence (26:15),
- On depression (28:45),
- Her most recent check-up (30:42),
- Dr. Campbell & caloric density (32:22), and,
- Her advice for Path Menders (44:05).
Here is this week’s episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Forks Over Knives (Documentary),
- The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good! (Dr. John McDougall),
- Hungry for Change (Documentary),
- Dr. McDougall’s Health & Medical Center (Website),
- Dr. Esselstyn’s Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program (Website),
- The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies (Thomas M. Campbell, MD is the Medical Director), and,
- Nutritionfacts.org videos on smoothies:
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share on your favorite social media and rate on the listings linked above.
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast