Welcome Path Menders,
Thanks for stopping by. This week I’m happy to be joined by Adam Sud. Adam is a Certified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and graduate of eCornell’s Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program. He presently works with Whole Foods as a Wellness Coach providing services to Whole Foods employees seeking to get healthier. Adam is a regular guest and speaker at Rip Esselstyn’s Engine 2 Plant-Based Immersion as well as keynote speaker at many Veggie Festivals.
Adam was once 310 Lbs, a Type II Diabetic, was a drug and food addict and suffered from severe depression. Join as he shares his story of how he was able to mend his own path and how he has now made it his life’s mission to be of service by helping others mend their own paths as well.
In today’s show we discuss (show notes):
- Life threatening drug and food addictions, severe depression and a denial of self (1:31),
- Diagnosed with ADHD at an early age (2:35),
- When prescription slid toward addiction (4:21),
- When the addiction became a problem; the spiral (6:17),
- A father plants a seed of healthful living (9:50),
- The bottom (11:34),
- Rehab uncovers undiagnosed diseases (14:15),
- Invincibility shattered; a seed germinates (15:42),
- Taking control of lifestyle diseases by implementing a plant based diet (in the best way possible) (17:41),
- The pleasure trap (21:00),
- Results of being plant based (22:56),
- Making a career of recovery and being plant based (25:16),
- A new path with Whole Foods Market; A company with true health benefits (33:09),
- A better company philosophy (37:51),
- People believe that the human body is meant to fail – it’s not (38:34),
- Whole Foods Whole Planet Foundation (40:31),
- Honesty opens a door to sharing – collaborating with Rip Esselstyn’s Immersion program (42:27),
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit” – Aristotle (45:30),
- Understanding the pleasure trap makes change easier (46:56), and,
- Adam’s one piece of advice for Path Menders (54:21).
Here is this week’s episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Resources referenced in this episode:
- The pleasure trap: Douglas Lisle at TEDxFremont (Video)
- Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force that, Undermines Health & Happiness (Doug J. Lisle & Alan Goldhamer), and,
- The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet: Eat Plants, Lose Weight, Save Your Health (Rip Esselstyn).
Don’t miss an episode! Click here to join the Mended Paths Community and receive notification when a new episode is released. Plus, get your copy of the free Mended Paths: Back to Better “Healthy Living Quick Reference Guide” when you sign-up!
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast