Hi Path Menders,
This week I am honored to bring you a most excellent conversation with two-time natural bodybuilding champion, Robert Cheeke.
Robert is considered one of VegNews Magazine’s most influential vegan athletes and has a lot going on. He is founder and President of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, and he is the best-selling author of the books:
- Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness – The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet, and his latest book,
- Shred It!: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Burning Fat and Building Muscle on a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet.
He is also working on a third book to be released later in 2017 called Plant Based Muscle.
In addition to writing and operating Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, Robert gives lectures around the world and is a regular contributor to Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine, Naked Food Magazine, and Forks Over Knives. He is a multi-sport athlete and entrepreneur, and has done all this while following a plant-based diet for over 20 years!
In today’s show we discuss (show notes):
- From growing up on a farm to embracing veganism – Mending his path at an early age (1:30),
- Sometimes the apple falls far from the tree (4:21),
- Interesting family dynamics – Ranchers, Vegetarians, and Vegans (6:17),
- Passion tends to lead to confrontational encounters (8:53),
- The island is shrinking / be true to yourself (11:26),
- Lead by positive example (15:41),
- People tend to want what they don’t have – Robert’s desire to be bigger and stronger (19:22),
- Transparency, consistency, and accountability is the “fit-all” recipe for success (23:40),
- “A man dreams of a thousand paths, but wakes and walks the old one” – Chinese Proverb (29:13),
- We all have 1440 minutes in a day – Choose activities that you expect to provide a good return on investment (31:09),
- But sometimes it’s hard to measure the potential return (36:28),
- Only half of advertising is effective… but which half? (38:00),
- On scheduling versus taking it day-by-day, hour-by-hour (38:35),
- “Plant Based Muscle” coming soon (43:58),
- On release – good things take time (48:30), and,
- Robert’s advice for Path Menders (51:23).
Here is this week’s episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Don’t miss an episode! Click here to join the Mended Paths Community and receive notification when a new episode is released. Plus, get your copy of the free Mended Paths: Back to Better “Healthy Living Quick Reference Guide” when you sign-up!
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast