Well the time has finally come; the Mended Paths Podcast is going live! For the first week only, I will be releasing 2 episodes, followed by a new episodes each week thereafter (with any luck every Wednesday).
In these first two episodes, I am speaking with my wife, Terra, about our journey and transition so far. We discuss where to start in transitioning to a more healthful diet.
Below you’ll find:
- E1 – The Journey Begins, &
- E2 – The Journey Continues
*** Update ***
In today’s show we discuss (show notes):
E1 – The Journey Begins
- Introduction by Chad (0:16),
- Introduction by Terra; Education drove our change (3:02),
- 2014 Terra was ready for “some sort of” change; the “Normalcy of Aging” (4:33),
- Feb 2014, Friends introduce us to juicing (6:52),
- “Fat Sick & Nearly Dead” was an Ahha! Moment (13:26),
- Diving into juicing (17:31),
- FSND was an intro to micronutritents (19:39),
- Early Benefits (21:38),
- We still held misconceptions and bad habits (22:56),
- Beginning to look into Dr. Fuhrman (24:59),
- Body starts telling you to MOVE (26:38),
- Eating according to the ANDI scale and “Eat to Live” (29:46),
- On the word “diet” (34:33),
- Dementia is also a lifestyle disease (37:16),
- June 2014 – Eating the foods we were juicing and Increasing the portion sizes; Adding fiber (slowly) (39:29), and,
- On detox (44:00).
E2 – The Journey Continues
- Our slow(ish) transition (0:45),
- Nutritionfacts.org and nutritional science (2:12),
- Moderation didn’t work for Chad (4:29),
- Boundaries and the addictive power of food (6:42),
- Start with the home and focus on bounty (9:58),
- Pavlovian responses will happen (11:51),
- The plant based community (16:53),
- Trying to make evidence based decisions (17:45),
- Benefits Chad has experienced thus far (19:15),
- On public perceptions of weight and moderation (20:12),
- Terra’s improved relationship with food and herself (22:32),
- Food volume and the satiety response (23:43),
- Combating the social norms; balancing clarity and simplicity of language (25:44),
- The drug industry enables people’s poor lifestyle choices; health is the normal state (31:43),
- What we eat; batch based cooking (35:17), and,
- The cost of a plant based diet (50:18).
To get email notifications when new episodes are released, join the Mended Paths Community by entering your details in the footer below. Sign up today and receive the Mended Paths: Back to Better – Healthy Living Quick Reference Guide for FREE!
Thanks so much for listening!